Friday 2 December 2011

Stephen Fry on Teaching

In Stephen Fry's Live in Sydney monologues, he tells of his brief job as a teacher and comments as quoted below. It should give teachers everywhere solace to see that even a brainbox such as Stephen Fry (it must be all that fish he eats) shares their impression.



"
I have never, in all my life, done anything as hard, just in terms of being tiring, exhausting and mind- and body consuming, as teaching.  it is one of the most extraordinarily har jobs you could ever do. Somehow your body gets used to it, but after the first three days I was very, very minded to run away.

I didn't. I stayed the course and, in fact, I continued to go back to that school to teach while I was at university.
"
Sources: As given + pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment